Monday, August 10, 2009

Family, Smallwood's, & Leavenworth

We had so much fun at Smallwood farms. I'm so glad there is something around here with animals for kids to see. They gave us a bag of feed since it was the end of the day and I didn't bring enough cash inside for any extras. I'm terrified of feeding animals, don't like the thought of my fingers being tasted. I warmed up after a little while and only fed the ones with small mouths. Scarlet wasn't as interested in the animals as I thought she would be, they have kid bikes around and swings that caught her eye more.
Scarlet really liked the rooster and needed to take a ride on him. After Smallwood's we were off to Leavenworth for Cold Stone ice cream and music in the park. Scarlet was really diggin' the german music and danced a little with me in the circle. It was so much fun being together as a family and doing "normal" family things. I don't think I'll ever take that for granted.

Down at Grandpa Larry's and Grandma Shirley's for a quick visit before Smallwood farms and Leavenworth.

Scarlet got to meet Shamra, Grandma Shirley's horse.

Teach them while they're young, right? I thought this was a pretty classic shot; Saturday morning playing video games with dad in her spider-man jammies.




No comments: