Thursday, October 2, 2008

Zoo pictures


I forgot all about our Zoo excursions. This was the first time we went to the Zoo with Scarlet. The doctors said it was ok if we go at a time that is slow and she doesn't touch the animals. I'm an idiot and didn't realize that labor day weekend wouldn't be the best time to take her. It was packed full of people. She primarily stayed on Charlie's shoulders and no one touched her or anything. She had a lot of fun. I think at first though it may have been overstimulating because she seemed as if she just didn't know what to make of all the people and animals.



The petting Zoo was last and she loved it so much. She wanted so badly to touch those goats. I think it was hard for her to see other people touching them and not being able to herself. But, at least she was there. These were taken at the Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma. Leaving my parents house to head for Seattle. Scarlet has learned how to "High 5" from uncle Micah. She sure loves him!

We had some fun at the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle too. They have a butterfly exhibit right now and if you can't tell Scarlet is a caterpillar here...

And is now a beautiful butterfly.


7 comments:

The Potter Pack said...

I love the butterfly pic !! Super cute ... I read your comment on my blog and I use Picasa to make the college. It is really easy ... I just take lots of pics and it takes up less space to make one and still display them all! Things are good here in the Bay Area ... what is Charles doing for work ? Is he an accountant ? Mike isn't crazy about public accounting and is thinking about a career change - we have a few options ... so, we will see. Take care !! You should call me sometime - 801-706-6343

Athena said...

I really miss Point Defiance Zoo...we used to go all the time. Can't wait to see ya this weekend, we're going to have a great time!

Brits said...

She's so pretty! I'm glad you got good news!

As for my camera, I have a Canon Rebel XT. Kind of expensive, but certainly worth it ($600). It's the best purchase I've ever made.

As for the copyright, I have photoshop and I added text and then I beveled it and put it at a hard light. The best thing to do is go onto the internet and type into a search engine whatever program you have and ask 'how do I make a copyright' and it'll give you instructions.

The Potter Pack said...

I love the beautiful butterfly !!

Britt said...

She's so cute! How fun for her to get to go to the zoo!

Kelly Shoroye said...

Your daughter is so beautiful, and her story is so touching. I am so excited we can be bloggong friends!

rachele and jordan said...

Hi Kati! I just saw your blog on Meg's. Scarlet's so cute! Hope you guys are doing great! Send me your email address on Facebook and I'll send you an invite to my blog.