Friday, April 11, 2008

Scarlet's First Brithday!

Scarlet loved her gifts! She had so much fun playing we thought she would never go to sleep! She got lots of noise makers which she loves and will hopefully keep her busy.






Scarlet's first time eating cake and first time eating Ice cream! We made her her own personal cake to demolish. She didn't get a whole lot in her mouth; most of it was smeared and smushed, but she had a lot of fun! When we were getting her ready to eat the cake Charlie came out with a good sized bib but I didn't think even that would cover the mess she was going to make. A woman in our ward made us this bib out of a dish towel and she didn't get anything on her clothes! It was perfect! She may have eaten more than we thought though because she woke up like 4 times last night!

My mom and I made Scarlet the monkey cake. I baked a bunch of random sized cakes and then cut and pasted them together with frosting. We used her stuffed monkey as a guide, it came out super cute. The pictures don't do it justice because you can't really see the 3-D face, it really was cute.

9 comments:

Taralou said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Scarlet!!! It looks like you had an amazing party! I absolutely love the monkey cake. You and your mom did a GREAT job!! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you!

Ashley C said...

That is too cute!! I love the cake, and it was so cute to see her playing with it. She's such a cute girl.

the Roberts said...

It looks like you left me a comment 2 months ago, and I just barely found it. It is great to see your family. Where do you live. We are in california. Kennedee just had her first birthday too. Hope to hear from you. Are you still working out a lot.
ashley roberts
www.rak-roberts.blogspot.com

the Roberts said...

I think I already left a comment, but here is some more. I actually read your blog in detail today, with tears in my eyes, because only a mother can understand the pain it can cause to see your child suffering. I don't know much about her condition, but I can't imagine what a long year it must have been for you and especially not having your husband around you and Scarlett.It looks from the pictures that she is doing well, but you will have to educate me on her condition and how it affects her as she grows up. Anyways, our daughter must be born the same time. Kennedee was born 3/19/07. I don't know anyone in Washington, but if you are ever in California, I would love to see your family. So when you go on your first disneyland trip or something, you have a place to stay. Oh.........and my daughter also loves monkeys. She has monkey toys and pajama,etc. Anyways, hope to chat with you soon, but since you made a comment on your blog that you would rather talk on the phone, i am at 805-428-3757. ashley roberts (BYUH)

Dickson Family said...

nice kati on the cake job. did you let scarlet listen to my message? you should just come to kentucky, that is what i think. just come. thats all you have to do. come!

quiltingmom said...

Wow Scarlet, you ate the monkey cake!
Your first birthday looked like a lot of fun. What a wonderful family you have. I think you are the luckiest girl ever!
I am so lucky to get to see you every week.
Sincerely,
Michele Church, your home care nurse

J D C and N said...

Happy Birthday Scarlet! She looks so happy and the cake turned out awesome!

Meg said...

YAY!! She is 1!!! What a huge accomplishment! She is just adorable. Good job on the cake too! I love that video, it makes me miss you guys a lot. I love it when Charly says his joke about not getting a bath until Saturday! We miss his funny personality!

Britt said...

Yeah....Happy Birthday!!! I love the cake video. I think it would be fun to do that...maybe on my next birthday. I may need a bathroom towel for a bib though.