Monday, August 4, 2008

A William's family Reunion

A William's family reunion, sort of, we're missing a few families. I have 8 siblings of which I'm #5. Here we are together in front of the Sommer's home.

I was able to take a couple days and drive to Idaho with my parents, brother Davi and fiancee` Carly the weekend before last. It is about a 7 1/2 hour drive from my home to my sister Jodi's in Salmon, ID. I'm really bad at staying awake for long periods of driving and was a little nervous about taking on job but I took one of those little shots of 5 hour energy and drank a mountain dew for breakfast. By the time we got to the IHOP in Missoula, MT I was shaky and felt like I was going to die. Ok, so feeling like I'm going to die really isn't a completely strange feeling for me, but I definitely felt really weird. So, if you were thinking of taking one of those little drink shots, they taste nasty, make your tummy burn, but they really do work.
My parent's have a picture of some of us kids when we were younger doing a head pyramid so we decided it would be fun to do a remake. Top to bottom is Josh, Jodi, me, Davi, Anni, and Micah. Oldest to youngest or youngest to oldest depending on how you see it.

Some of us stayed at the hotel nearby because Jodi's house was fully occupied. It was a little on the pricey side especially considering you are in one of the smallest towns in the country, but it had a pool and that made it worth it. The big splash is Micah and Davi is mid-air. We had so much fun jumping in and playing with the nieces and nephews.
I was so excited to get to shoot a gun again. Here I am shooting Micah's rifle. I shot it for awhile but it kept having jams and I really didn't want to take the chance of blowing my face up so I stuck to the pistol. That was a lot more fun anyway, turns out I'm actually a pretty decent shot if I get 10x's to try.

Here is Jodi with her son Rylie. He is shooting a BB gun. It took him awhile to want to shoot it but I think he had fun once he did. Josh and Kenny are in the background. Josh was helping him shoot the pistol and he held the gun a little too close to his face and ended up getting a deep little Harry Potter cut on his face. When the pistol reloads the top opens, he was pretty lucky it didn't get his eye.
One of the things I miss most about being with family is sitting around eating together.
My brother Micah was able to go on a dig in Nevada for some stones. He found a lot of beautiful ones.
There were crickets and grasshoppers everywhere there and I have a pretty big fear of them. Yeah, yeah, they don't bite or sting. But they are ugly and they jump in random, unpredictable ways that totally freaks me out. Erik, Charlie's brother threw one at me in Hawaii and I naturally said some swear words and was hoping no one would throw one at me there in front of the kids. I just can't help myself when it comes to those jumpy critters. They came close a couple times but fortunately no one actually did it. Jodi's kids love to catch them and play with them. They are such outdoorsy kids.
I love this picture. Liberty looks so happy. It was so much fun seeing all the kids. I haven't seen Liberty before this trip and was able to meet my brother's newborn daughter Kami for the first time too. I love being with my family. I have so much fun with them.
I don't have any pictures of it, but we floated down the Salmon river the first day we got there.
There were some rough patches and I actually fell off once, I used to go river rafting with the church YW's but that was years ago. It was so awesome going again. I needed this trip. I get so busy taking care of Scarlet, the home, etc. that I'd forgotten that life is fun. I definitely need to get out more. Scarlet is almost a year post-transplant and I am so looking forward to what they have to tell us and maybe a little more on what we can expect.
By the way, lots of my family members ended up getting a flu bug while I was there and I fortunately was one of the ones who didn't catch it.
Scarlet did pretty good while I was gone. She was a little mad at me but she got over it pretty quickly. 3 days must have seemed like an eternity to her.

No comments: