Tuesday, May 5, 2009

April Fun

Charlie had a meeting with a man in Plain on Saturday. The scouts in our ward are going to do a fund-raiser of sorts up there to earn money for their canoe trip this summer. I guess we took the long way just before we reached Leavenworth. The road was narrow and curvy; made me pretty motionsick (not like that's hard to do). Plain is a tiny town in the mountains and is actually pretty cute if you ignore all the trailers with junk everywhere. It's also not too far from Lake Wenatchee. I'd never been there and I've always wanted to go. We went and hung out climbing on old logs, finding pretty rocks, and letting Scarlet play on the kids toys there.
I really need to wear more make-up. :) I pretty much stopped when we moved to Hawaii. Seemed I could never stop sweating long enough to put any on and now I'm just starting to get back into it...just not on Saturday.

Every year we take pictures in front of Grandma Debbie's Cherry Blossom tree. Charlie and I have been doing that since we were dating, with the exception of when we were in Hawaii for 3 years.
They are so beautiful! I love it when they are fully bloomed and are just about to fall off. I like to shake the branches and have the petals fall like snow.

Trying to teach Scarlet how to put a fower behind your ear; these are no hibiscus and I think she is putting it toward my right ear...does that mean I'm single again??


We had a lot of fun lifting Scarlet into the blossoms...ok, Charlie had a lot of fun lifting her. I had a lot of fun watching her and hearing her giggles.
Family Totem pole. Check out Scarlet's death grip on Charlie's hair. I need that to stay there a few years longer!!
Scarlet with her superstar sunglasses and wearing her Easter dress a week late.
She loves her cousin Starla. You should hear they way they giggle around each other. Star is a year younger than Scarlet. I hope they are good friends when they get older.
Dad and Scarlet right after church. It's a pretty nice shot of our house right behind them too. We sure love our home.










6 comments:

Kjell Crowe said...

Beautiful family photos! You look great!

Unknown said...

The tree is so cool! I'm so jealous that you guys have a house! and it looks super nice! Your daughter is so cute!!

Matt & Bernadette Crawford said...

Scarlet is so big! Her hair so super cute, too! Love those red heads. :0)

J D C and N said...

What cute pictures!!

Stephanie said...

Wear more make up?? What?! You look totally hot, I don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.

thelivesofthebradyfamily said...

Scarlet is getting so big! She is so cute! Can you remind me where you guys live? We are moving to Yakima, WA in a few weeks. Are you close to there anywhere?