Sunday, July 26, 2009

July 4th

My parent's, Micah and Anni along with the Anderson family were over for the 4th. This is actually the 5th, but we still had lots of food to cook up so the party continued.
One of the perks to living across the street from the church is that there is a giant parking lot perfect for lighting off "legal" fireworks. Not sure if that's really allowed or not, but it felt safer than the street or out tiny driveway. I had to put quotations around "legal" because there was a fire at the church this year from "illegal" fireworks. It was a group in the back of the church who were setting off some kind of mortars and it knocked over and set the bushes on fire which consequently set the people behind the churchs' tree on fire, getting all too close to their home. It was crazy how many people saw the thick smoke and drove from the street into the lot to watch the firefighters doing their job. It was the happenin' thing that night. Of course, we were already there, but I'm sure if I wasn't there then I would have at least gotten close enough to see what was happening. Anyway, fire was put out, girl and friends were caught, and the home was not affected by the fire...except for the tree and the churchs' bushes. Lesson learned: Don't kick over your mortars near bushes...or don't light illegal fireworks in the church parking lot.

Cousin Star and Scarlet have so much fun together. I thought this picture was really cute, the two of them trying to put on sunglasses at the same time.


Those kids had so much fun getting dirty together. When I gave Scarlet her bath that night chunks of sand were just coming out of her diaper area...kind of reminds me of Hawaii.

They are just too sweet. I really hope they get to stay close together growing up. I haven't even seen some of my cousins since I was 10 and I want my kids to know theirs. It's fun seeing those 2 play together. Star has such a spunky, fun personality; they play really well together.




No comments: