Monday, July 13, 2009

Summer Fun

I wasn't able to catch many pictures of Scarlet because my camera is getting slower and she is getting faster. Someday I will have that sweet camera that takes amazing shots everytime...

We got to go to the temple a couple weeks ago before Scarlet's big procedures. I haven't done a session since I was pregnant with Scarlet. It was such a wonderful time to really feel close to Heavenly Father and pray for her to have good results and get through the miserable week of appointments.


I got to go to girls camp this year as a leader. I haven't been since I was 15 or 16 and felt sick with anxiety for weeks about leaving Scarlet. My sister Anni, stayed at home with her so I could go. It was the most fun I've had all year...and maybe more fun than I've had in a couple years. I felt like I haven't laughed as hard or been so relaxed in, I can't remember how long. It was so much fun!!

I've never rock climbed before this. I was so excited when I learned that they had a rockwall at camp. It has always looked pretty easy, so I expected to crawl up like a spider...which I could have if all of the rocks were big enough to get my troll hands on. Some of the rocks were so itty-bitty I thought for sure I couldn't make it to the top. I did eventually, and then again because it was such a rush. I can't wait to do it again. I also got to swing on a rope swing, canoe on a lake, and go down the giant slip-n-slide. We got to make crafts, eat food that I didn't have to cook (except foil dinners) and build fires...roast marshmallows and starburst...so much fun.


3rd year girl's camp hikers. We hiked somewhere near snoqualmie pass, seemed like a mile straight up. It was such a beautiful hike, I really miss hiking. It was so fun being at girl's camp. It was awesome getting to know the girls better, even though I'm no longer a leader. We stayed up late every night until 1 or 2 am playing psychiatrist and mafia and getting yelled at by leaders to go to bed; so much fun! The whole 3 days was like being a kid again and I actually had a blast even though I was away from Scarlet the whole time. I want to go to girls camp every year. :)


Charlie, Clayton, and Sonny hanging out on the deck after dinner. Gotta love summer and gotta love awesome family!





No comments: