Sunday, April 11, 2010

3rd Birthday Cake

I didn't realize her eyes were closed in this shot and I couldn't figure out how to cut it. Oh well, Scarlet is the big helper in the kitchen. We got her the play kitchen for Christmas so that she could pretend cook with me, nope, she wants to do it for real!

Picking Grandma Debbie and Pa up from the airport, it was a long week/s without them.

Scarlet helping out with the MMfondant for her birthday cake. Whenever she tastes something sweet, like the fondant, she smiles really big and says "mmm, this tastes good!" We made jello jigglers a week ago and after putting it into the fridge to set up and going upstairs, she comes up with blue all over her saying the exact same thing, I knew exactly what had happened. Jello was everywhere in the fridge!

Two weeks left and baby Ginger will be here! Here I am working on the MMfondant the day of her birthday party trying to salvage my mistakes. I was trying to save myself some time and only do one batch for an enormous cake- it didn't work out, so two hours before the party I'm scrambling with another batch and trying to make the masterpiece. But...I'm smiling! (Ignore the disaster kitchen)

Here it is! My work of art shown at an angle that hopefully doesn't show all of my errors. I asked Debbie how many cakes it would take to finally become a professional and she gave me some good words of wisdom. She said...and actually, I can't quote her because I can't remember exactly how she said it, and she reads this blog so I can't make it up. :) But basically, that it doesn't matter if you make mistakes as long as you know how to cover them up. Note the flower strategically placed in the corner; It's there to serve a purpose! I'll have to post on the fairy wands another time, I didn't get the pictures on my camera uploaded yet. Or maybe I won't divulge that secret, a friend and I are discussing...a plan. :)




No comments: