Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ladies of Harley Auction




You may or may not know already that Scarlet was chosen to be a recipient of an annual fund raiser called "Run for the Border" this year. It's where bikers of all kinds get pledges and line up together and ride to the Canadian border in parade style. The night before the ride the Ladies of Harley host an auction to also help raise money for the families chosen; I believe there are 9 families total. My understanding is that LOH raised 17,000 dollars at the auction, pretty incredible. I remember looking around during the live auction at all the people who came to support the kids in need and I was so touched. Ever since I've had Scarlet I've become a big crier. I can cry anytime or all the time, especially when it comes to Scarlet. I watched the Smile train commercial and just bawled the other day, I couldn't help but get teary eyed and emotional at the auction either just because I am so grateful. When the "Run for the Border" group called and asked me if Scarlet could be a recipient I felt it was a direct answer to prayer. Just the night before I was going through stacks of insurance statements, most of which said maxed out on coverage or something to that effect. I was so stressed out, yes, we do have medicaid as secondary but that ends this month and we were aware of that at the time. Our insurance has started coverage again but her care is still so expensive. I've always known that Heavenly Father looks out for us and I'm so glad that I can recognize his hand in this because it helps me to stay closer to Him and put my faith in Him. I couldn't have made it through everything with Scarlet without Him. I know God lives, I know He loves us. I know He answers prayers and wants to bless our lives. I'm so grateful for all who helped organize the "Run for the Border" events. I really believe that God does answer prayers through the hands of others and I thank you for lifting some of the burdens of the families going through so much. We couldn't be more grateful. I'm not sure what the total amount came to from the auction and the ride but even if they had only raised a few dollars I would still be so grateful. All the work and effort put into making the event what it was was just so incredible. The first picture is of Debbie and April Taylor. April's done a lot for us and the community, she is so amazing! Then there is Larry and Jim who are part of the "Run for the Border" committee, you wouldn't believe what big hearts they have.

I've gotta tell you about this kid auctioneer. I think they said he was only 14! He was a lot of fun! I can't believe he's only 14, crazy! Charlie's Grandma Doris was so sweet and wanted to donate so she gave us 200 dollars to bid at the auction. Thanks Grandma Doris we had so much fun!!

No comments: