Sunday, May 4, 2008

More Sunday Fun!




There is a small Japanese garden just around the block of our house. It's there because we have this sister-city thing with Misawa, Japan. I feel a little foolish, but I don't remember what the deal was. Something about a plane flying non-stop to Japan or Wenatchee and...well, anyway, we're sister cities. Today was special because there was a re-naming of the garden to the Japanese mayor who was a part of the uniting cities for 25 years or so. He passed away and so in his honor it was renamed after him. So the first picture is of our walk around the block to where the dedication was happening. This backpack is so much fun. It belongs to Charlie's mom, Debbie, who had it when Clayton was a baby (he's 20 yrs old now). So, it's pretty old and I was a little reluctant to use it at first because I wasn't sure if was safe still based on it's age. Scarlet loves it! We go out and water the plants together everyday, we bake together, clean together. She loves to be able to watch what I'm doing and I don't have her pulling on my pant legs to pick her up every 5 seconds. She barely weighs over 16 pounds and I hardly feel her at all. It's great!
These tree pictures are of us in front of our Dogwood tree in the front yard. We took pictures here last year too. It's fun.

3 comments:

Josh said...

Very cute pictures

Dickson Family said...

what an amazing blessing that little girl is. she is so strong and wonderful....she has captured my heart at least!

Taralou said...

Kati -- I LOVE the top picture in this blog of you and Scarlet. You look so BEAUTIFUL!!!