Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Run for the Border
















The day was finally here! We'd waited in anticipation for some time. We were so excited to be able to see all the people come out and ride together. It was so fun to see all the bikes and hear them all start their engines, I got emotional again of course and was teary eyed. No offense to any bikers but when you think of bikers the stereotype is tough and mean. Not so, I've come to learn, at least not all of them. :) The ones I've met have hearts of gold.
The night before the run we decided to print off wallet size pictures to give out to the riders from Scarlet and express our gratitude. Debbie and Charlie went around and handed them out. I made Debbie relay some stories to me so I could write them down for Scarlet. I won't go into too much detail. Some of the bikers said that they would keep it close to their hearts and put the picture in their vest pocket and some taped it to their windshield so they could remember who they are riding for. Debbie told me that one grandma biker said that she had just gotten a new wallet and didn't have any pictures to put in it and now she would. I was a little apprehensive about giving out pictures of Scarlet for fear that people really wouldn't want them and perhaps there were some who didn't, but the overall feedback was that they were appreciative to be able to see one of the kids they were riding for and as some put it, "Have a face to go with all the prayers being said". Ok, now, doesn't that make you want to cry? Because it does to me! :)
Debbie was the perfect person to hand them out too. She is a like a proud peacock when it comes to her Scarlet Rose. :) I don't know if a mom could get away with what a grandma can.

I want to send out a huge thank you to all the bikers. Thank you so much for participating and making the event so awesome! Thank you for all the prayers for the kids and families and Thank you just to thank you again! You really did do something great and we are so appreciative. I hope you had lots of fun!

5 comments:

Meg said...

That is so nice of them!! What a blessing Kati! I'm so glad to hear that Scarlet is doing so well. You guys are such good parents to that little girl.

Dickson Family said...

kati i learn so much from you i love it. now don't you start to understand the great calling of being a mother. i told you it was pretty remarkable, even though you didn't want to believe me...i think you may start now.

Dickson Family said...

is a peacock proud?

the Roberts said...

Glad to hear there is such good stuff going on to help all causes. Scarlet looks great. I hope she is home for always.

Brits said...

That's so awesome!

I went private. If you want an invite, email me at brittanyterry@gmail.com.