Monday, October 20, 2008

Halloween Fun

Since I've been able to take Scarlet out to the store with me I make it a point to let her have some fun so we are sure to walk through the holiday sections of every store we go to.
Costco has this creepy display of a skeleton raising itself out of the ground and making scary noises in front of this big blow-up thing. I was a little hesitant to bring her by it at all because I didn't want to scare her but as soon as she saw it she started pointing and yelling. So I took her over there, a little embarrassed, and let her stare at the skeleton and listen to the spooky music.
Now everytime we go there she has to see it. I'm always looking over my shoulder for people I may recognize because I'm worried they'll think I'm a bad mom.


Scarlet also loves to see the lights and decorations at people's homes so last night we went on a walk up the street to a home right across from the cemetery that is completely decked out with scary Halloween stuff (people in East Wenatchee will know what I'm talking about) and she loved it. She didn't notice all the bones, vampires, and grimm reapers; she noticed the bright coloful lights of some of the other decorations.
These pictures were taken up at her Aunt Amy's house after cousin Dorian's family birthday party.

3 comments:

Athena said...

My kids love the halloween stuff too...the scarier the better. Remind me to tell you a story of the last time I went to Target...it's too long to post here. But I'm SURE this lady was thinking I'm an unfit parent for letting my kids push the buttons on all the scary displays. Oh well!

The Risdons said...

Easton calls that house the "super duper Halloween house"! He loves it too!

The Potter Pack said...

She is so cute !!