Sunday, October 19, 2008

Steilacoom

After sacrament meeting on Sunday we took a quick drive to Steilacoom. It holds a lot of memories for me, some good and some bad. I loved jogging around this area because it is so quaint and beautiful. It's hard to believe a tiny town so historic and lovely is surrounded by ghetto Lakewood.
Scarlet had a lot of fun running around in the grass and on the stage. I remember going to a few summer concerts here. People would bring their blankets, find a good spot, and listen to blue grass or whoever was playing whatever.
Uncle Sonny helping Scarlet down the steps.
Scarlet loves to be chased by her daddy. The face she is making is classic. What a cutie!
Ok, so I really don't like this picture of me. I'm not a very photogenic person not to mention I felt like a little kid being photographed by her mother on the first day of school, but I'm posting it anyway because I'm standing in front of E.R. Rogers restaurant.
It is a pretty well known place because supposedly there is a lady ghost who resides there and shows up every now and then to the staff and visitors. Please, if you want to see ghost's go to my parents house. Everyone who has lived there (I'm talking about my family) has had an encounter with a ghost at one time or another. I swear it's a spirit portal. I'll write more about it on Halloween! That will be a fun post.

5 comments:

Simply, Sarah said...

My mom used to say that the house we lived in when I was in middle school was haunted by a great-uncle of hers, I think. It used to freak me out!

You look great in the picture.

Anderson Family said...

I love the picture of Scarlet and Charles She sure is a cutie!

The Potter Pack said...

Whatever ... Katie you look cute in this pic ... and that building is beautiful ... but creepy ... and your parent's have a ghost ?? Guess I will read up on that on Oct 31st !!

Dickson Family said...

kati you are beautiful...however i thought you were holding a banana until i made it biggened and it was your skirt...it was funny to me. anyways you look fabulous as ever and you are not a bad mom...i took dayna to the halloween store like 5 different times looking for something. i was going to take her again and she says mommy i really don't want to go to that store again...hehehe...fine. anyways will i get to see you soon my friend?

Dickson Family said...

p.s. Are you making friends? I thought we made a pact? just kidding...just giving you a taste of your own medicine girlie.