Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It's POTTY TIME!!

Scarlet was reading a potty training book yesterday and when she was done she started pointing to her bum so I asked her if she needed a diaper change. She shook her head no and started climbing the stairs. I couldn't figure out what it was she was wanting with her bum-bum, so I kept asking her, in different ways, if she wanted to be changed. She kept saying "No" and continued to climb the stairs and then I finally made the connection between the book and her bum-bum and asked her if she wanted on the potty. She smiled and said, "yeah." Like, "You finally caught on".
She's caught me many times using the bathroom in my room and likes to get me toilet paper and watch as I do my thing. I hope that's not weird. If it is, oh well, because she wants on the potty like mommy and has the whole thing pretty much figured out, except for the actual "deed", we're not quite there. She sat there on the toilet for a long time, finally I started offering her, her bath toys for some entertainment and then I had to get the camera and take pictures of this new milestone.


3 comments:

Erin, Gus & Lucas said...

That's awesome! When Luc first started, I did the same thing..I couldn't figure out what he wanted (I thought it was bath time lol). So exciting she's taking the first step! That's great! ..and no it's not weird that she watches you, that's how she learns! Daddy has different plumbing so it'd be confusing if she took pointers from him haha

Britt said...

So cute! She's trying so hard to get that toilet paper apart. She's adorable. I think she looks a lot like you.

Unknown said...

Hi! I found your blog through Kjell's! Your daughter is so big and cute!! Good luck with the potty training!!