Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Out in the Garden





Charlie and I have been wanting to do a Square foot garden ever since taking the class offered at BYU-H by Mel Bartholomew himself. I love seeing plants grow. Scarlet and I water the plants everday together. So far we have raspberries, rhubarb, blueberries, Grapes (from our neighbors), herbs, flowers, tomatoes, squash and zucchini, beans, peas, lettuce, peppers, carrots, onions, and spinach! We walked out to the SFG today and saw lots of little plants coming up. Pretty exciting! The pictures are of Scarlet sitting in her excersaucer thing and watching me put in the dirt for the garden. That's her with Grandpa Len. She loves being outside.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Good for you guys! I wish that I had a garden. That looks good! So when are you going to show off this house of yours? I've never seen it??

Athena said...

I've always wanted to try square foot gardening! Next year, when I have the yard I'll have to do it. Love your backyard, looks like you have a lot of space!