Monday, June 16, 2008

27th Birthday Extravaganza!

Debbie bought me this necklace in the picture along with a matching bracelet. Monique, the one who makes and sells the jewelry threw in the earrings as her present to me. You can't really see it in the picture but there is a starfish in the center and the opaque yellow stones are pineapple quartz, to remind me of Hawaii. I love it.


Can you believe we are really that old???? I was pretty upset about it the week before our birthdays because I feel like we are inches from turning thirty and when you are 30, you are old!
(no offense to anyone 30 or over out there.)I was also under the impression that when you get older your presents get smaller and, let's face it a little lamer each year. I decided on my birthday to have a change of heart and embrace aging with gladness. I have a new dedication to putting on moisturizer everyday, keeping the sunscreen on, and no more picking at my face starting today! :)
We actually had the most fun on this birthday than we ever have, probably.
My birthday is on the 10th and Charlie's is the 12th so we celebrated on the 10th, 11th, and 12th making it a birthday extravaganza!
Charlie's family came over on the 11th and I made Wienerschnitzel mit Zitronen, Kartoffeln und Gemuese. Then we opened presents and we had a fun surprise. Len, Charlie's dad, had set up a treasure hunt for us to find our present. There were clues left all around the house. We went upstairs and then downstairs and outside. It was so much fun! Finally, the last clue led us outside to Len's truck where inside was a huge new barbecue! Everyone went in on it and it's actually for our anniversary as well. It was so nice of them to get that for us.
So, I was wrong. Just because you get older your presents don't always get smaller and lamer.
It was the best birthday in a long time. And honestly, I needed that.

P.S. The last picture is a little fuzzy because it's really a video.

6 comments:

Simply, Sarah said...

Kati,
I noticed your bracelet and earrings yesterday and noted them in my brain, but didn't think to comment on how beautiful they were. They looked great!
Happy belated birthday!
Sarah

Dickson Family said...

and you deserve it too. hooray for birthdays. bbq are great, i love them cause jon cooks a lot in the summer....who am i kidding we have bbqed in the snow...no joke. i just love the taste of it.

Taralou said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I'm glad you had a fabulous birthday!!!

Meg said...

Happy Birthday you guys! you are not old either!!!

Nelli said...

Kati,

You look BEAUTIFUL in those pictures! I'm glad you were able to have fun! It's gotta be so rough in your shoes. We pray for you every day. You're GRRREAT! We LOVE you!

The Potter Pack said...

Happy birthday to you both ... however I am 29 ... and much closer to 30 than you ... so, you have a couple more yrs before you can complain !! jk Anyway, looks like your 3 day bash was a blast.