Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Miracle!


I'm sorry it's taken me a few days to get this post out. These last couple days I've accepted subbing assignments 2 days in a row and then I have a bread making class on that I signed up for on Tuesdays awhile ago and young women's duties, so my days and nights have been packed full. I was subbing on Tuesday when I got a call from Dr. Sanders (after me calling several times that morning asking about the results). She told me that the results of the test were shown to 2 different cytogeneticists with Phd's in that area and they both said that the abnormal chromosomes were not pre-cancerous. They will still be on guard in case anything changes and they are scheduling another bone marrow biopsy for December.


Scarlet's pediatrician called me last night saying that he had received some notes from the Immunologist who specialized in this area. He told me that when they did the first draw they saw some cells that were cloned which would possibly indicate leukemia but on the second draw there were no cloned cells.

If you've ever doubted miracles, doubt no more. I know it was because of fasting and prayers that she no longer has any signs of cellular cloning. Heavenly Father has once more blessed our family with a miracle. I owe everything to Him. Charlie gave Scarlet a blessing on Sunday and in the blessing he told her that she would get through any trials she may face that her body would be strong, etc. I was really struggling to have faith and immediately after his blessing I felt awesome peace and knew that what he said was true and that it was Heavenly Father's will that she live. I feel badly for ever doubting in the first place. I know all you parents can empathize with me; the thought of losing your child is overwhelming.

I need to thank all of you for your kinds words and your prayers for Scarlet. It helped so much to read the messages you sent me. You are all such good friends. It is such a blessing to have family and friends who are there to support you, and pray, cry, and laugh with you.

Thank you all again for being willing to fast and pray for Scarlet.

I was writing in my journal to Scarlet the other day and I told her about fasting and it made me think back a couple years ago when I was pregnant with her. I was the Beehive advisor and one Sunday I was supposed to teach the lesson on fasting and I didn't prepare very much because I thought "How hard could it really be?" It was during the lesson while I was stumbling on my words and not really saying anything very supportive of fasting that I realized that I didn't have a testimony of fasting at all. Before that time, I struggled with fasting entirely and never appreciated its power and effectiveness at bringing you closer to the Savior. I love the peace and the spirit that comes when you take the time to really study and pray while you are fasting. I have a very strong testimony of fasting now, it has been an amazing aid and comfort while enduring everything with Scarlet. I've learned so much over the last 2 years and I love every lesson I've had to learn, it's made me a better person and a better servant of the Lord.




Thank You All So Much!!!!

4 comments:

Dickson Family said...

interesting that you say that cause after you asked me to fast it really got me thinking if i was fasting correctly cause apparently my testimony of fasting was weak too. i just wasn't sure if i was doing it right and had lots of "elementary" questions about it, like should you fast for someone who doesn't believe in the gospel etc. so thanks for helping me too...as always you are a testimony builder for me. love ya girl...hope no kiddos are making you sit again...as always call me!! ill be there in 2 months!!! can you wait?

J D C and N said...

Oh Kati! Yay! I am soo happy to hear the results. And thanks for your continued testimony. It's so strengthening to listen to each other and grow from each other. Those zoo pictures are so cute too!

The Potter Pack said...

Those are adorable pictures ... and tender words. We are so happy for your family that things are getting better everyday. Miss you guys !

Meg said...

I'm so happy to hear this news about Scarlet!! We've been pretty worried about her. Fasting is a tricky one, this was the first time that i have fasted since I became pregnant with Tru and it felt really good to do it and to do it with such purpose. I think you guys are going to be our family home evening lesson tonight... Trent needs to hear it.