Saturday, September 13, 2008

Oasis Concert

This has been a summer of concerts for us. This was my third this summer! We are kind of making up for last summer and a whole year of feeling trapped. This first picture is of Matt something or other, I'll fill it in when I ask Charlie who he is. He sounds a lot like a country Jack Johnson. Maybe some of you think Jack Johnson sounds country...but I don't think so, I think he sounds Haole Local Islandish-that really isn't a word or actual description, but I think it kinda fits. This guy was the first opening band for Oasis. I wasn't expecting a second opening band which leads me to Ryan Adams in the picture below...

They were great too! There was something a little weird about them, but they were cool at the same time. I couldn't help staring at the guitarist who looked like he was 50 and barely moved around at all. The lead singer, I guess his name is Ryan, was all over the place which balanced them out; he was pretty fun to watch. I was sure glad they had 2 opening acts for Oasis because Oasis definitely disappointed.
I remember first listening to them in the 9th grade. I would blast Wonderwall and daydream about the many guys I had crushes on. I was so excited to finally get to see them in concert. Looking around at what kind of people were there with me, I realized how old I actually am and that 9th grade was a looooonnngg time ago. As I mentioned before I was disapointed and I'll tell you why.
Liam, I think that's his name, was so BORING! And not only that but whenever he sang (which really wasn't very much) he looked like a little boy who had to use the bathroom as you can see in the picture. When he wasn't singing he was yelling at the hidden sound crew to bump up the mic, walking off and on the stage, or staring down the crowd. The most exciting part of the concert was when he yelled at someone in the audience. I couldn't make out what he was saying exactly but he seemed pretty angry. His brother Noel is the writer of most if not all the songs they sing and whenever Liam decided to ditch he would sing in his place. In all actuality, I liked him a lot better. He sings great and is a super talented musician. I was put off by Liam bad attitude and whiny behavior, but who knows, maybe he was just having a bad day. I still love Oasis music even though the concert kinda stank. We have one last concert of our Summer of Concerts, Weezer!!! Another band I remember from my junior high years. Some things just don't go out of style. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Aloha-van-Daath said...

there´re some people from germany following your blogs for nearly one year and we prayed every single night for your baby!!! We are so happy to see all the pics and your happiness. Up to her donor, she will hate beer one day, we know for sure :-) We are so happy, even if we are not allowed to know each other :-)) Keep on going and give Scarlet a big kiss, we´re proud of her!
regards and kisses to all of you from germany!!!