Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ok, so if you know me well, you know that I hate seeing recent pictures of me. I love most of my old ones, cause that's when I look back and say, "I wasn't fat at all then, I'm fat now, but I really wasn't then." So, this picture was taken a few days ago and it's difficult for me to post because I haven't had that recovery time. But, here it is anyway. I am 34 weeks pregnant and will be having my baby on April 26th at around...7:30am. That's my guess anyway. I'm scheduled for the surgery at 6:30 am and as I've learned from most hospitals and surgeries, they are never on time. As I look at this picture, I've noticed that everything has increased in size...except my rear. It's no wonder I've been having back problems, I'm surprised I can even stay upright and gravity hasn't pulled me completely to the floor!


We went to cousin Parker's birthday party this Saturday. I've been wanting for so long to take Scarlet swimming because she loves it so much and we were finally able to go. I had a nightmare a few months ago that still makes me sick to think about it, but I saw her drowned in my dream and have had massive anxiety about it since. It was one of those crying in your sleep dreams and when I woke up I had to say a prayer of gratitude that it wasn't real and she was sleeping safely in her room. Anyway, I was a little worried about taking her swimming. I have an inner confliction myself, I struggle with being logical and irrational. I find that I'm often irrational first but I have this second-self that is rational and can usually, with some thought, overcome my irrational nature. So, I thought back to my lifeguarding days and reminded myself that I am a responsible parent and would never leave her unattended and that she would be fine. And, she was. We had a great time swimming, even though it was pretty cold water and lots of splashing going on around us. I wish I could say she was eating the birthday cake, but she was just licking the frosting. She'll get there someday.

It's been a very blustery Spring...is it Spring yet? It feels like it. I've been in organizing mode and feel like I have a bizillion things to get organized before the baby comes, so we started with the front closet and we re-discovered Scarlet's kite from her birthday last year. Charlie was home for lunch so we walked across to the church and tried to fly the kite. It's poor little plastic frame was no match for the gusts of wind we were having. It seemed a couple times it was going to break into pieces. Scarlet hates the wind so much that she couldn't even enjoy the kite. It's usually a little windy here most of the time, so we'll get it out again later.






4 comments:

Meg said...

you look adorable kati!!! and i wish i had your rear... just so you know! i'm excited for you guys!

The Potter Pack said...

Holy Crap - I didn't even know you were pregnant and now you are about to deliver !! That was the fastest pregnancy ever !! (for me anyway !!) Congrats !! It has been awhile that I have cked your blog - but not 9 months ... maybe just a couple. Anyway, what are you having ?? I bet your daughter is really excited. Take care!

The Potter Pack said...

I knew it hadn't been THAT long since I have cked your blog - I remember the bum crack one !! That was the latest.

thelivesofthebradyfamily said...

YOu look so cute! Can't wait to see pictures of your baby!