Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tutu's and Chocolate Pudding

Once again I've forgotten that my pictures post in reverse. Oh well, here are all the tutu's Debbie and I made for Scarlet's 3rd fairy princess birthday party. Debbie was leaving for Arizona for a couple weeks before the party and I just wanted them done because I still have other things to be working on for it. They turned out so cute! I used the tinkerbell colors...sort of... and all of them are different, which is really fun. I tried to make Scarlet's the poofiest and most adorable of them all because she's the birthday girl, but I just know all the girls will love theirs. I've made 7 so far and still have 2 more to make. I have been planning this party for months now-mostly in my head- and have been picking up fairy princess things here and there and now I feel like everything is gathered and only needs to be assembled now.

I haven't decided on whether or not to use fondant to cover her entire cake this year. I plan to use it for parts of the cake, like Tinkerbell's house and other things. I can never really plan anything too much, it just kind of comes as I'm working. I was going to venture and try using gumpaste to make flowers, but the tutu's are enough venturing for a seriously pregnant person and so I am going to use real flowers instead. This cake has to be awesome though. We have her cake as our wallpaper on the computer and every morning Scarlet comes in and talks about it and how much she likes it. I don't really care if other people think it's amazing, just so long as Scarlet does.

She just looked like such a big girl sitting at her little table coloring and trying to use scissors (child bladeless scissors!) for the first time. I just had to take a picture.


Scarlet LOVES to help me in the kitchen. I try to let her help when she asks to, but sometimes I have to shoo her away. We decided to cook together and make chocolate pudding. Scarlet is a funny girl sometimes. I feel like she is torn within herself. Like, sometimes she is so stinking independent and refuses help and then other times she is completely helpless and wants me to do everything.
This night she was Miss Independent and needed to stir all by herself. So she did, and she did a great job of keeping everything in the bowl, except what needed to go into her mouth. She was still pretty sick with her cough at this point so,...she had the whole bowl to herself.
I love seeing her in her apron. Mine has been done for awhile, but poor Charlie's isn't finished yet. I kinda put it on the backburner. I bet it would only take me an hour to finish it.
Ok, my official goal for this week is to finish his apron and post it by Saturday night.





1 comment:

The Potter Pack said...

Cute tutus !! I just had a girls night at our home a couple wks ago and we made tutus and hairbows for our girls ! We bought the tulle from Tullesource.com - or something like that ... There were like 10 people that ordered. It was really fun ... but time consuming - I made one that night and still need to make the other.