Wednesday, July 23, 2008

An afternoon at Steilacoom Park


I got to spend a few days with my parents this past weekend and something I really wanted to do was to take Scarlet on a walk to Steilacoom park. In high school I was on the XC team and we would practice and have meets at the park. It holds a special place with me so I was excited to share it with Scarlet.
Scarlet's never actually seen a real duck before. She knows what they look like in books and her bathtub is a duckie, but never has she seen a live duck. I was looking forward to hearing her typical squeal whenever she sees an animal she likes (it's so funny!). She didn't squeal though. I think she was too busy figuring out what they were but I would let her down to walk and she would run right for them.
We saw some baby ducks sitting with their momma.

She loves walking! She's getting to the age where she wants to walk without holding my hand. So very independent!

1 comment:

Nelli said...

Awww, I'm so jealous that you get to be with family! :o) I'm glad you have so many helpers around though, so I GUESS I'll be ok. lol. That's fun that Scarlet got to see the lake and ducks; that was always fun, even as an adult. She's a cutie-pie! We LOVE you guys!
Nelli