Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Swimming Pool Fun!

Last year, while I was in the hospital with Scarlet and first started looking at other people's
blogs, I got a little depressed because everyone looked like they were having so much summer time fun and I was stuck in the hospital with a sick baby and wondering if we would ever get to have fun together too. I only add this because as you can see, we got ourselves a pool and Scarlet some swimming stuff and we are ready for our fun summer!
I found this great floatie at Wal-Mart. I love that it has a shade so Scarlet can have some extra sun protection. The pool is great too. It's about 2 1/2 ft deep and 10ft circum. so Charlie and I can get in and putter around with her. It also has a filter and we bought some chlorine tabs to keep the water clean enough for her to be able to swim in it.
She didn't like the water at first and I can't really blame her because it was freezing cold! But after awhile of bobbing up and down and being passed from me to Charlie she started to really like it and would actually sit in her turtle.
Here she is with her Uncle Sonny. He is so good to her, he'll be a great dad someday. Whenever he comes over to watch her for me he actually plays with her. :) I would expect most teenagers to let her do whatever and watch TV or something.
This shot is from the other night, me, Sonny, and Charlie all got in the pool and played water UNO. I would post a picture of all of us in there but I was not lookin' cute and so this is all you get. :)

5 comments:

Anderson Family said...

How fun! Swimming time is such a fun family activity!

Lillian J. White said...

Hey! I found your blog through Sarah's and wanted to say hi! How fun is a pool! She is adorable. Looks like she loved it. Thanks again for the movie and see you Sunday!

Meg said...

Fun!! I'm glad that she liked her pool! That will be fun when it gets hotter this summer. Sonny is getting old.... I don't remember him being a teenager!!

Taralou said...

Great pool Kati! Swimming is my kids favorite summer activity. We got a little pool this year for them also -- they love it! Looks like Scarlet (and daddy) had a fun time! :-)

*Danette said...

Katie, I am so happy to have found your blog! I'm glad that things are going well and that you're summer is off to a good start!

Danette