Sunday, July 6, 2008

Independence Day!

It was a beautiful 4th of July this year. We spent the day at Charlie's Gramma Doris' house on Lake Chelan. I've only been there once before and had forgotten how awesome it was. The water was so clean and clear and the view was spectacular!
Scarlet had lots of fun too. She loved Jock, the dog, and had lots of fun exploring the home. I was so busy having fun that I actually didn't take too many pictures and only a few of Scarlet. Her eyes are slightly closed but she still looks pretty cute. She was caught trying to go up the stairs. I love her guilty face she makes whenever she knows she's done something she shouldn't. Pretty funny.
This is the coolest picture! We all decided to jump off the deck together. I asked Sonny to jump to the side a little because I was afraid I would crush him or get a foot in the face, he ended up getting cut from the shot. Looks like he has a pretty nice cannonball going on, it would have been awesome if he wasn't cut out. Anyway, there's me and Charlie, Len his dad, and Michael his other brother. Lake Chelan is comprised of glacier water which is why it is so beautiful but it is also FREEZING! No matter, it was still lots of fun!
First fruits of my labor, small but tasty. I've been waiting for something in my garden to grow enough to harvest anything. It's been a lot of work trying to figure out how to garden, but definitively worth it!
The BBQ we got for our birthdays! Ahhhhh, it smells so good!! Who doesn't love the smell of BBQ?
"Secrets in the sauce" .............you know.

3 comments:

Taralou said...

Looks like the perfect 4th of July! Glad you had fun. Love the picture of you jumping in the water!! :-)

The Potter Pack said...

That is a great pic of all of you jumping into the water ... looks like fun !!!

Josh said...

Glad you had a fun 4th, Kater & Family! Nice picture --